Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Water Ice

Last night we went over to Ted and Sonya's house for a delicious summery dinner of meatloaf patties and Zucchini Appetizer and most of a bottle of Sambuca. It was a particularly appropriate dinner given that once we went outside, we realized that the first furtive snowflakes of the season were falling. This morning when I got up, I found the cats at the window, totally transfixed. Now it's stopped, and it is a gorgeous clear crisp sunny day, but the earlier flurries put me in mind of one of my favorite excerpts from Anne Sexton:

I am younger each year
at the first snow.
When I see it,
suddenly, in the air,
all little and white and moving;
Then I am in love again
and very young
and I believe everything.

1 Comments:

At 10:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home