Friday, July 08, 2005

Carbohydrate Haven

Last night my vegetarian friends Betsy and Ian came to the Have for dinner. When out of town guests come here, they do not expect to find the New Culinary Capital of Connecticut. Oh, no. They expect to find ... nothing. I do love the food in New Haven and stunned everyone in the Bay Area by being homesick for it. One of the things I was most homesick for was what we had for dinner last night -- MASHED POTATO PIZZA from Bar!!!! Just even the thought of it makes me want to dance around a little bit because it is soooooo good. Others (notably Abigail, Andrew, and Kelsey) disagree, but that is because they have no taste buds. Just kidding. It is because they are sane, more likely.

The mashed potato pizza is best when you add bacon bits to it -- everything's better with bacon -- but because of the vegetarians in our midst we just got it with extra garlic, which is the next best thing. Mashed potatoes with thyme, slightly browned on top from the wood oven, plopped randomly over the mozzarella-and-red-sauced super-thin crust.... there are few things more sublime. It's squishy, creamy, crunchy, and chewy all at once. I might need to get another one for lunch today.

2 Comments:

At 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, I can't believe you're spreading lies about me on the Internet! I love mashed potato pizza, but not as much as I love SUING YOU FOR SLANDER.

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Mrs. Delicious said...

Okay, okay, maybe it was your husband who didn't like it. He is the one who was TOTALLY UNIMPRESSED BY OUR BRUNCH AT PRUNE, too, as I recall. Dude. How could you marry that guy? (Just kidding. Any man who makes gin and tonics as deliciously as he does is worthy of you.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home