Friday, July 07, 2006

West Coast Madness

I cannot contain my glee any longer. We are going to Oregon and California in less than a week! For almost two weeks! We start off in Portland, my home town, staying at the Kennedy School, eating at Park Kitchen and Clarklewis (thanks to ExtraMSG for his recommendations last year to an overwhelmed former Portlander, I enjoyed meals at both of these places and now must go back on a yearly basis) and Burgerville and Voodoo Doughnut and gosh probably also Pix Patisserie and Bijou Cafe and several other places in the 48 hours we're there.

Then up Highway 30 to Astoria, where I was born, past Sauvie Island and Scappoose and St. Helens and the former Trojan Nuclear Power Plant. Hopefully lunch at the Columbian Cafe. Then two days at Neahkahnie with my sister and stepmom and aunts, eating crab and salmon and oysters fresh out of the water. Then to Eugene for a dinner with Deepfry, sadly not at New Sammy's Cowboy Bistro but we'll get to that on another trip.

Onward through Southern Oregon and over to Eureka and the Lost Coast Brewery for a glass of their Great White, and further to the ACTUAL Lost Coast. Then a day and a half in the Anderson Valley at Lazy Creek and Esterlina and Navarro and the Apple Farm. On our way to the Bay we'll stop for an espresso milkshake -- the best milkshake in the world, ever -- at Taylor's Refresher in St. Helena.

And then there's the Bay Area, where I think my head will explode if I begin to think about all the places we'll get to re-visit. My mouth is already watering over Vik's and Burma Superstar and Dona Tomas and Gregoire's potato puffs. And Cha-Ya, to make us feel healthy and absolved of our gluttonous sins.

I think we need more than 12 days. I think we might need 12 months.

1 Comments:

At 4:17 PM, Blogger Deepfry said...

wooo hoooo!!! i can't wait!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home