Friday, February 03, 2006

Ain't I a Woman

The State of Connecticut restored my femininity last night. For free! It was great. The three people ahead of me in line got NO for an answer. No no no. But when I went up to the desk and asked them if they could please make me a woman, the embarrassed reply was, "Why, certainly!" They offered no counseling afterward, but the beer and whiskey and Party Cake-flavored ice cream that I consumed later that night were about all the therapy I needed.

Plus we got our plates and don't have to renew until 2008. Victory is ours! Is it worth nearly $500 to be totally legal? I'm not sure. But last night Sonya told me that when I have both a driver's license AND checks that have my current address on them, then I will really be a grownup. The checks are coming soon!

3 Comments:

At 12:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought I heard a roar last night.

BTW, I got more photos of the party. I'll be posting them soon.

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Mona said...

Ooo, party? Sounds good to me! Where where?
Nice job, I think I still have checks with my home home address on them, haven't lived there in 10 years...

 
At 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great story to tell your kids- how mama became a woman at the DMV.

Congrats again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home