Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Dreamy Food

This morning I dreamt that Jen and I and her enormous extended family were in Texas at the world's biggest buffet restaurant. They boasted that they had over 17,000 individual dishes. I saw enormous chicken cutlet sandwiches being made with boatloads of mayonnaise, at least 50 different types of pasta, and a huge made-to-order breakfast bar with every kind of pancake or waffle or omelette you could imagine. I put a pumpkin manicotti on my plate and headed over to the breakfast nook. Just as the lady behind the counter was handing me a beautiful, golden pancake stuffed with mascarpone cheese and served with scoops of butter and jam, Andy woke me up. It was awful!

I think my pressing need for a pancake -- unsatisfied for over a month -- has finally worked its way into my subconscious mind. It's beyond time to fill this gnawing, pancake-sized hole in my belly. Bella Rosa. Saturday. Here we come.


Photo by Chocmonster on Flickr.

1 Comments:

At 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a dream about oversized things, too! In this case it was a giant bicycle owned by Kyle and Darren (and ridden by them, too, it was a tandem (!)). Anyway they were both like, "Come on! Ride it! It's fun!" But I couldn't, because I couldn't figure out how to get on it. I could walk under the bar of it. It was giant. What do you think it means that I dreamt about not being able to mount some boys' giant piece of equipment?

I guess we'll never know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home